Effective Date: March 16, 2021; Last Updated: March 16, 2021
Sabido.com LLC. is dedicated to helping people around the world connect to share and retain knowledge. When you share information with us, we can help you achieve that goal by helping you find the right content and making your studying quicker and more effective. This Privacy Notice is meant to help you understand how we collect and use the personal information you provide on our website, sabido.com. This notice explains:
- The information we collect and where we collect it from
- The ways we use your information
- The times where we might need to share information
- Choices you have about what we do and how to exercise your choices
- How to contact us if you have questions
Information We Collect and Sources
We need to collect certain information about you to provide you with the Service or the support you request. The type of information we collect can vary depending on how you access and use our Service. Additionally, you can choose to voluntarily provide information to us. Below we have described the types of information we collect and from where we collect it.
Information you provide to Us to Use the Service
Account information. We collect the information you provide when you sign up for a Sabido account, log in to your account, communicate with us, answer our surveys, create content, or otherwise use the Services.
Information You Provide to Enhance Your Experience
You can choose to provide us with additional information to obtain a better user experience when using the Service. This additional information will be processed with your consent and/or to provide you with the services you request. This information includes your survey responses, participation in promotions or other marketing efforts, suggestions for improvements, referrals, or any other actions on the Service.
Information We Get Automatically When You Use the Service
We automatically collect information about you and how you use the Service, like when you create a seed or a course, enroll in a course, follow users, or view other users’ content. The information we collect includes: Device information. Like most website operators, Sabido collects information about how users visit our site and the devices they use. We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, device identifiers like IDFA and UDID, and mobile network information). Sabido may associate your device identifiers or other device information with your Sabido account to help us provide consistent services across your devices.
Geolocation information. We may use your IP address to generate a general approximation of where you are located to provide you with an improved experience. We do not request access to or collect location sensor information, such as GPS or Bluetooth beacons, from your mobile device while downloading or using our mobile apps or services.
Log information. When you use Sabido, we automatically collect and store certain information about this activity. This data includes details of how you used our service, like your search queries, clicks and site navigation information, or study activity. It also may include data such as:
- Browser type
- Language preference and time zone
- Referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request
- Connection information like ISP or mobile operator
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Log-in and Log-out times
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We do not control, supervise or respond to how the third parties providing your information process your personal data, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
The information we collect about you from third parties includes:
Facebook Connect, Twitter Provider, and Google Login. You have the option to log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect, Twitter Provider, and Google Login. These services authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name, date of birth, and email address, to pre-populate our sign-up form. You may, optionally, choose to provide additional information during the sign-up or linking process, such as a friends list, to enable certain features on Sabido.
Other users. Sabido may receive information about you from other users. For example, if another user chooses to use our referral service to tell a friend about our website, we may ask that user for their friend’s name and email address so we can send the invites on their behalf. You may contact us at [email protected] to request that we remove your information from our database.
Other partners and companies. Sabido may also receive information about you from other sources, including our partners, service providers, or other third parties.
How We Use Your Information
We collect information about you when you use the Service for a variety of reasons to support Sabido and to enable our team to continue to create engaging experiences for our users.
Providing, Analyzing, Improving, and Developing the Service
We process the data we collect about you to operate, improve and develop the Sabido Service, including providing, maintaining, securing, and improving our services, developing new ones, and protecting Sabido and our users. We can deliver our services, personalize content, and make suggestions for you by using this information to understand how you use and interact with our services. We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
Here are some examples of how we use this information:
- Providing, maintaining, and improving the Service. Account information we collect from you allows us to help you log in, host your content, and use the various study tools we have. It also allows us to learn about how you and others use Sabido to help create new activities and services, like Sabido Courses.
- Improving, personalizing, and facilitating your use of the Service. When you sign up and use a Sabido account, we may associate certain information with your new accounts, such as information about other Sabido accounts you had or currently have, and your prior usage of the Service. For example, we use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to save your language preferences, so we will be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer. We do this to ensure that content from the Service is presented most effectively for you.
- Easuring, tracking, and analyzing trends and usage in connection with your use or the performance of the Service. To develop and enhance our products and deliver a consistent, secure, and continuous experience, we need to gather certain information to analyze the usage and performance of the Service. We also use mobile analytics software to pursue our legitimate interests in operating and improving Sabido by allowing us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your device. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events, and activities that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
- Fulfilling any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with the Service.
Communicating with You About the Service
We also use your account information and information you provide to us to provide you with relevant information about the Service and to assist you in using the Service if required. These communications may include:
- Sending you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us about our products and services. We may send you information about the parts of Sabido you use or that may be relevant to you. While we primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information and we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum, you may object to being contacted for these reasons using your personal contact information using the mechanisms provided in the Sabido service or using the information provided below.
- Conducting surveys and collecting feedback about the Service. We do this to evaluate the effectiveness of any updates we provide.
- Delivering assistance or answering support requests. We send you the information and support your request, including technical notices, security alerts, and other administrative messages to assist with problems you may encounter with the Service or your Sabido account.
Protecting the Service and Maintaining a Trusted Environment
We use all categories of information we collect to maintain Sabido as a safe and secure platform for all our users, including appropriate enforcement of Sabido policies, as well as compliance with the law and applicable regulations. These efforts include:
- Preventing fraud, crime, and abuse and the security and integrity of the Service. This includes investigating, detecting, and preventing or reporting fraud, misrepresentations, security breaches or incidents, other potentially prohibited or illegal activities or to otherwise help protect your account.
- Protecting our and third parties rights and property and enforcing our Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies, including our Community Guidelines and Honor Code.
- Verifying your identity. In some cases, we may need to verify your identity to protect the security and integrity of the Service and your account.
- Complying with any applicable laws or regulations. This includes appropriately responding to lawful requests for information from the government or third parties through the legal process. Contacting you to resolve disputes, collect fees and provide assistance with the Service.
Advertising, Analytics, and Marketing
Your Choices About How We Use Your Information
You may receive promotional email messages from Sabido when you first interact with the Service or by requesting us. You can opt-out of receiving promotional email messages from Sabido at the time we collect your information by following the instructions on screen, in those email messages, or by changing your notification settings in your Sabido account. Opting out of receiving communications may impact your use of the Services. If you decide to opt-out, we will still send you non-promotional communications, such as digital receipts and messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Who Can View Information You Post
Comments you post on seeds or in testimonials may be viewable by other users of Sabido and the general public and you should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request the removal of your personal information from these areas, contact us at [email protected]. We provide you the ability to control who can view and modify the content you have created on Sabido and to remove information about previous study sessions. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Cookies and Tracking Tools
To learn how to manage cookies and other tracking tools, and to read our Do Not Track Policy, please click here.
Managing Your Account
You remain in control of the information you provide to Sabido. You may review, edit or delete any information you submit to us at any time by signing into your Sabido account; however, deletion of this information may restrict your ability to effectively use the Service. You may also delete your account at any time. If you delete your account, all the seeds, courses, and progress that you've created will also be deleted by our data retention practices.
We Store Information In the United States
While Sabido operates internationally, many of our systems are based in the United States which has different data protection standards than the European Union.
Sabido participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. We are committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List available at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
Sabido is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Sabido complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, United Kingdom, and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions. For example, we may use standard contractual clauses when we transfer your personal data to third parties outside the EEA or adopt other means to ensure that adequate safeguards are applied to your personal data, such as a relevant third party’s Privacy Shield certification or binding corporate rules (approved by EU data protection authorities and put in place to protect your personal data).
Concerning personal data received or transferred according to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Sabido is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Sabido permits EU and Swiss individuals whose personal information has been transferred to us choices about whether their personal information may be used for purposes other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or which was subsequently authorized. Individuals can make these choices directly within the Sabido Service or by contacting us at [email protected].
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider, free of charge, using the information provided at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
In addition to Sabido’s participation in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, when we transfer personal data to our partners or service providers outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we may also make use of other transfer mechanisms which have been approved by the European Commission, including the use of model contracts and the standard contractual clauses.
How Long We Retain Your Information
Sabido retains your personal information for as long as your account is active, to fulfill our legitimate business purposes, or to comply with our legal obligations. When these conditions no longer exist, Sabido removes that information by our standard deletion processes. Sabido may retain and use non-personal information, including de-identified information, aggregated, or anonymized, indefinitely.
We retain records of support tickets and other communications between Sabido and our users, for example, support emails, survey responses, feedback submissions, or comments on our blogs or other posts, indefinitely to better manage our support processes, maintaining accurate business records, and identifying other trends. We reserve the right to publish these communications to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
How We Secure Your Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. Sabido takes measures reasonably designed to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of personal information.
We use our best efforts to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. For example, our website and apps are designed to be protected by HTTPS encryption. When you enter credit card information on our order forms, that information is intended to be encrypted and is designed to be protected by our third-party payment providers. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at [email protected].
Changes to This Notice
Sabido reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, so please review it frequently. If we materially change how we use your personal information, we will notify, by email, and/or utilizing a notice on our website before the change becomes effective. If you disagree with these changes, you can delete your account at any time and/or stop using the Service. Your continued use of the Service constitutes your acceptance of any changes to this Privacy Notice.
If we make material changes to how we collect and use personal information from children under the age of consent, we will notify parents by email and, when appropriate, obtain additional parental consent for the new uses of the child's personal information.
Contact Us If you have questions or wish to send us comments about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at [email protected] or write us:
Attention: The privacy team
000 Street, XXXX
Orlando, FL 00000 USA