The first element of a safety and health program is management leadership. This element is essential because it provides the guidance, vision, and resources needed to effectively achieve the program's goals.
It means that leaders:
• Prioritize workers’ safety and health as an organizational value;
• Are completely involved in eliminating hazards, protecting workers, and continuously improving safety and health in the workplace;
• Provide ample resources to implement and sustain the program;
• Visibly express and communicate their commitment;
• Set an example through their actions.
Source: OSHA, 2016.
Photo by vectorjuice on freepik