When implementing a safety and health program, resources are needed since they are essential to pursue goals and address shortcomings.
So, leaders have to:
• Determine the resources needed to establish and execute the program;
• Leave time in workers' schedules so they can participate;
• Consider safety and health when planning and budgeting processes and adjust with program needs;
• Ensure enough resources to manage and support the program, meet commitments, and track program goals.
Resource needs might vary, but they may include:
• Capital equipment and supplies;
• Staff time and training;
• Access to information and tools;
• Access to safety and health experts.
Source: OSHA, 2016.
Photo by vectorjuice on freepik