Neutral observers are vital to a successful mock drill. They're the ones responsible for taking notes of what went wrong, what needs to be changed, and how the drill can be improved in the future to ensure safety in a real scenario.
Here are some of the things that should be observed:
• Large groups moving slowly or talking with each other
• People on cell phones or using other mobile devices
• Unhelpful behavior such as grabbing coats, purses, and bags
• Difficulties for people with disabilities such as hard-to-open doors or slippery stairs
• Employees who choose a different exit rather than the one closest to their workstation
Source: AlertMedia, 2021.
Photo by Bernard Hermant on Unsplash