In an effective safety and health program, all workers:
• Are encouraged to participate;
• Must feel comfortable sharing input and reporting concerns;
• Must have access to information to take part in the program effectively;
• Are given chances to engage in all aspects of program design and implementation;
• Must not experience retaliation when raising their concerns, reporting injuries, illnesses, and hazards, or exercising safety and health rights.
Source: OSHA, 2016.
Photo by vectorjuice on freepik